Friday, March 12, 2010

Writing with my Left Hand

I've been learning to write with my left hand. I want to be ambidextrous! For those that don't intuitively understand why this would be so cool, here are a few advantages to being able to write with both hands:

-if you start to get a hand cramp in one hand, you can switch to the other one
-you never have to worry about the annoying spiral in spiral bound notebooks getting in the way
-it's probably good for your brain
-you can confuse semi-observant people by writing with a different hand every time you see them
-if you break one of your hands you already know how to use your spare

I dedicated a notebook to purely left-hand writing. Almost every day for the past two or three weeks, I've been writing down all the song lyrics I can think of. I've even gotten to the point where I can take notes in class with my left hand! It just takes a lot longer (I'm at about 1/4 the speed of my right hand). Maybe I'll post pictures of before and after sometime. Right now it looks almost exactly like my normal handwriting.

No comments: