Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dreamless Sleep

Dreams. I just had a long stretch of having almost no dreams. I've been so busy, I didn't even notice until a week ago, when it suddenly bothered me that I couldn't seem to remember anything at all that happened during the night. My mind was so focused on staying up late enough to finish that essay due the next day, or the upcoming calculus test or yada yada that I wasn't giving much thought to my usual dream adventures.

I know from experience that the amount of thought and importance I place on my dreams indirectly determines their quality. So, over the past week, I've started to get back a little bit of my dream recall, just from being vaguely aware of the possibility of dreaming as I fall asleep.

I had one the other night where Bob Dylan was a police man (?) and the Samantha character from “Sex in the City” got arrested and was hitting on him. Where did that come from? I haven't watched that show in ages, and then hardly ever. Bob Dylan makes some sense though, since my friend/roomate recently got me hooked on youtube videos of his songs. Still, random famous people don't usually pop up in my dreams. Except maybe a few times that Jay Leno was interviewing me on the Tonight Show.

No comments: