Saturday, November 21, 2009

Random Blogs

I like clicking on the "next blog" button and reading a few posts of random people I'd never have known about. It's different from small-talk with strangers, because these are people talking about the things that matter in their life. And it's similar to small talk because you may never see that blog again. Yeah, I know, I could just bookmark the blogs I like, but then I'd be missing the point of...whatever the point is.

The point is, it reminds me of some movie I saw when I was a kid. No idea what it was called, I just remember this one scene where this kid has a closet. Every time he opens the closet different creatures come out. One time this girl...a doll possibly...comes out and is really nice. They become friends, but then he has to close the closet, and she says not to put her back because he may never see her again. But she goes back in the closet anyways and I had some vague feeling about how the next creatures coming out might not be so friendly.

Don't ask me what that has to do with the "next blog" button. I haven't quite figured it out myself. I would really like to know what that movie was, though, and see how far off my memory was. Oh well, perhaps the movie itself is lost in the closet of forgetfulness.

No comments: